I would like to share a few quick tips for all those who are trying to track their business marketing post and URL sharing on social media like facebook, linkedin, Twitter, Google+ etc. If you really want to know how really useful your post or URL sharing was apart from liked :) , Try this and check the real Numbers and ROI .
- You must have a website Example : www.exi-solutionsgroup.com
- Now create a page / article / post on this website : http://exi-solutionsgroup.com/online-marketing.html
- ON the designed post always link to a conversion page : Like Enquiry, Contact etc and it is necessary to have Goal conversion setting enabled for these pages.
- Now go to Google UTM : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en
- Fill all the fields and paste this URL in website URL field : http://exi-solutionsgroup.com/online-marketing.html
- After Submitting the page : You will get a URL like this :
http://www.exi-solutionsgroup.com/online-marketing.html?utm_source=Social%20Media%20&utm_medium=HTML%20 Page%20&utm_term=Digital%20Marketing%2C%20Online%20 Marketing%2C%20SEO%2C%20SMO%2C%20PPC&utm_campaign=Grow%20 your%20business%20online%20via%20online%20marketing
- Now the generated URL seems very long and a bit suspicious So let’s make it short to share .
- Go to Google URL shorter : https://goo.gl/ and submit the URL as an Output you will get a URL like this : http://goo.gl/SyEbLB
- Share this URL on Every Possible Social Medium – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn , Google+ , Email etc.
- All the clicks and impression on this URL and conversion page can be tracked in the Google analytics account of www.exi-solutionsgroup.com Account under the Campaign section.
- You can also Enabled same URL in your Facebook Advert paid ads, Google PPC etc to track the reach on these pages via your paid campaign.